Pages

Plain White Shirt: An all time classic.

S
The simplest thing is always the hardest to find . I've been searching for plain white shirt for a long time. Not that all the stores don't have one, but they don't have THE ONE for me. I just need one that fits me well (yeah, I mean really fit!), affordable (I mean cheap, actually), design not too tacky and the most important the fabric has to be right - thick, cotton. Is that too much to ask?

In the recent LondonPaper, it is reported that the sales of plain white shirts are booming. Debenhams's white shirt sales increases 50% since the credit crunch hit the nation. And fashion expert predicted the trend will continue as City workers made redundant splash out on new interview outfit.

A white shirt sends out the message that you are professional. Neckwear is back in fashion, so plain shirts give men freedom to go for pattern in ties. There are some tips of choosing plain white shirt:

- Avoid too cheap white fabric, as the fabric will be transparent.
- Buy a lot, replace often - there's no hiding stains or greying cuffs on white.
- Use your tie to add color, but keep it sober. (A 'toothbrush' or Batman tie is a no no)
- Don't wear black suit plus white shirt, or you'll look like an undertaker.
- Use deodorant - wet patches show up on white!

In my quest of plain white shirt, my pick would definitely be the one from Zara and Burton Black Label. While Topman's is also not too bad (the 25 pound, not the 20 quid one).

S
 

Most Reading