Pages

Today I'm thinking of....SONY VAIO Z SERIES

S



The fun side of doing PhD in engineering (Chemical Engineering to be exact) is that you got to play with so many programs. But my current laptop is lacking on the spec-side, some programs can't be accessed very well. The downside? It made me stay longer in the office to run those programs!
I've been thinking of upgrading my current laptop. Not that I don't like it anymore. I do. Coz my Fujitsu P7120, black, skinny laptop look smashing. It's pretty small (very small actually - 10" screen) that it fits my man bag gorgeously! But with the current non-upgradable 512MB memory, there's no way I can run those mentioned programs smoothly (some of them requires at least 2GB memory!)

I've been eyeing some good laptop out there. Not just a laptop - but the one with 4GB memory. With Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo processor. Plus it has to be very light. And very skinny (like moi). And very solid-look. And the price must be right! Is it too much to ask? Yes, indeed!!

But I've found one. Latest from Sony - Vaio Z Series to be precise. At first I was taken aback with the screen size. Damn 13". Who wanna that big?? But after having the hands on experience at Sony Center @ Westfield, it's not that bad after all. I can't seem to forget it. It has the widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. Not just looks good, it's so light, the size is acceptably small and the spec.. voila! Tick all the boxes. With the 'Vaio by You', I can even pick and mix all the spec as I wanted. It even has the choice for WWAN (to surf net using mobile phone service) via the SIM card slot. The downside? Price of course. It's too damn pricey.

P/S: Gotta wait for RM to get stronger!



















(Photos from Sony website and news.softpedia.com)
S
 

Most Reading