Pages

I Dream of Koko

S
Exactly the same day last week I was in a very deep slumber. Very deep indeed coz I’m totally knackered after spending long hours in the lab doing my thing. And usually in my very deep slumber I always dream. This time around I dreamt meeting a cousin from afar. Cousin whom I last met when I went for short vacation during recent Easter break. I think I featured him before in this blog, when I wrote about his couture design for a photoshoot last year.

Yes, that cousin is in fashion too and he studied here in London College of Fashion. I think fashion is really in our blood. My mom’s is in fashion for ages (if you consider doing bridal thingy as fashion, lol!). But that’s not the point of the story. The story is, in my dream I met him here in London where he was in a car. The dream is so vivid, as if I am truly meeting him in real life.

So the morning after, I got a text message. From who? From him, wishing me to have a great fasting month. And I told him “getting this message is kinda surreal coz I just had a dream meeting you last night”. And when he told me that he was texting in a car, that moment I suddenly went “Whoa…!!” Is this more surreal than it could be? I dreamt about him in a car, and now he’s telling me he’s texting in a car? What a coincidence. And talking about coincidence, a couple of weeks before I dreamt meeting a long lost friend of 10 years in a café in London. It was so damn vivid that I can see where I was sitting and stuff. And guess what? As spooky as it can be, last Saturday I met him there! How surreal my dream is?!

So going back to that cousin. We’re exchanging texts about what I have dreamt the nite before when one phrase in the last text message, he thanked me by saying “Thanks koko”. I was like ‘Koko?’ Who’s koko? Koko Krunch? Coco Pops? Coco Chanel? I know Coco Before Chanel movie is hot at the moment, and he might be referring to that. It was then I asked “whassup with the name koko?”. And he replied “koko means brother in Chinese…” (coz his mum is Chinese, if you asked).

Oooowh…that was it. At least now that I know one Chinese word, and I truly like that one! That's nice. And thanks too koko. Hope we can meet here in London again!

And talking about koko, I’m thinking of going back to my roots. No, not my heritage, but the roots of my hair. I’m thinking of going back to cocoa color or brunette or dark chocolate. Just to take the ‘spirit’ of the soon-to-be autumn which is always about deep, dark, rich tones of chocolate. It’s definitely gonna be totally delicious…

And mentioning the word koko, boy, am I loving Coco Rocha right now. The uber cool Canadian supermodel. I blamed my podcast for introducing me to Coco. She’s the epitome of what a model should be. Oh no, not a model. A supermodel. Great personality, gorgeous look, amazing pictures, fierce walk and not to mention she can dance too! Who can forget her Irish dance during Jean Paul Gaultier show, right? Coco Rocha – a muse, a supermodel. Love her...grrrrr....


Well, talking about koko all this while makes me feel thirsty (or hungry?). Hmm…where’s my hot cocoa? Oh, silly me...I can’t eat. I’m fasting… :D

S
 

Most Reading