Pages

zaBigFatWeekend: Autumn/Winter Galore (Part 1)

S
Sun is bright! And it's hot, hot, hot. So, what a shopaholic do when the weather is so great? Go out, of course smartypants!

So, it's the weekend shopping adventure again at the highstreet. This time the agenda is really to dig in the new key trends for next autumn/winter collection. Bit by bit the stores are keep on filling in new stuff. And what's sizzling?

Remember those bomber/baseball jacket from River Island that I previously lusting over last couple of blogs. Well, I finally get my hands on them. My verdict. Great. Just that. Why, because it's something that i didn't expect. Well, the cut is amazing. Fits me well though it hangs slightly above the butt (hmm..shouwing bootylicious perhaps, LOL!). And the surprise is the fabric. I seriously thought it was jersey in the pix, yet it's not. It's wool. Kinda flannel feel to it too. And the button is well... button. Kinda duffel-coat type which is prone for one to tear off and lose. Not the usual stud button that baseball jacket typically has. Btw, it's great (though I have to pass this one).

Next, the gem of the season. This drummer boy military jacket. Holla! Love the cut, love the fabric, and love the fit. Not to mention it's kinda 2-in-1; it's a biker-slash-military look. And the 24 metal buttons - nothing more military you can get!

Then this other jacket that's just out on the rack (I think not even been iron yet!). Has a Brit-check design ala Burberry - which is exactly everyone is doing for next trend. The fit is amazing. Not to mention the modern cut and one button.

Then making my way out of River Island, on to the land of Sisley (yeah, it's rhyme with Sicily). The sibling of Benetton, they also stock new collection. And guess what, it's checks again. But not Brit check - rather Prince of Wales checks design. I just love their take on the pocket - very Japanese feel. Or Issey Miyake if you like. Pretty cool, eventhough I think I should try one size smaller, :D

And oh, they also has... leather jacket. The simple look that I always crazy for. Very hot. It looks like the biker jacket that David Beckham use to wear back in the heydays. Fits is very flattering! Yet, the texture of the leather is ..not my cuppa! :(

Last but not least this jacket by Benetton (yeah, they share same store!). The peacoat in checks design. I pick it to try because I love the color. Very rich, so as the texture. But you know Benetton... they're quite highly priced eventhough you can get cheaper at other stores..

And oh, I hate the fitting room at Benetton. The curtain doesn't work well. Someone can peek through the 'gap'. Eeek! Thank God I didn't try any pants... that would be a haven for peeping Tom.

So my purchase of the week? The drummer military jacket!! Holla...To be continued....

S
 

Most Reading