Pages

V-Boots Vs. C-Boots

S
It was two weeks ago I was kinda stunned to hear the buzzword that is currently hitting the women's fashion - the vagina boots. Yeah, I know. Just like you are, I was like - WHAT?? What's that? What's vagina boots? Better yet, what does it got to do with the 'v' word? Well, it was then when I read the article in Evening Standard, the term refers to the towering high boots which is becoming a hot trend this season. The kinda boots that goes straight up high on the thigh. The one that I used to feature in this blog before (see Gucci's Sex on Legs). The one that Stella McCartney made famous with her perforated thigh high thingy in her current collection. Also the one that Rihanna, Madonna and Rachel Weisz made headlines in the press. Which also what Stylist featured in their last week's issue! But vagina? Maybe it's true coz they really go up there close to..err.. you know what. :)


But for us men, there is no way we gonna have that kind of boots. The highest it might go is just below the knee. Like what Lanvin showcased in the Autumn/Winter 09 catwalk. The lace-up boots that hug the lower part of the legs look very tasteful. Very edgy. Very out-there. But military? Probably so; a high-fashion army if you may. I love 'em. They definitely made a huge statement when you wear one out in the streets. Just like when I previously wore my Zara lace-up boots which became a headturner. Simply awesome. Yet to get a Lanvin, well... they're definitely gonna break my bank without a doubt!


Lanvin Autumn/Winter '09


Lanvin @ Browns Fashion

Right now I'm really crazy about the brogue lace-up boots. They may not be that towering high, but I think they're much more sensible to be worn coz I can either dress up or dress down with it. And brogue is always remain classic. Not to mention a hot trend this season too! I'm still looking for a great pair; great design with low price, of course. Like these lots - from highstreet to designers, they're all look great.

I like Grenson boots coz they're synonym with brogues. And English craftsmanship is non-questionable - well-known for being very hardwearing and longlasting. No problem if you wanna wear it season after season. Rumor has it, ASOS' 'Made in Britain' shoes are all Grenson's. Another good craftmanship is Paul Smith, though the boots have kinda worn, vintage feel. Anyway, as long as it looks great and above the ankle - hey, it doesn't really matter.

So, my next conquest: to get a C-boots. No, not a cock boots or crotch boots - but a calves boots! A brogue, lace-up calves boots. :D


Brogue lace-up boots @ Asos

Grenson @ Kurt Geiger


Grenson @ Kurt Geiger


Lace-up boots @ Paul Smith


French Connection @ Asos & Kurt Geiger

[pix from Evening Standard, Stylist issue 3, GQ Style, brown's fashion,
asos, kurt geiger and paul smith websites
]

S
 

Most Reading