Pages

In Love with Borneo's Ethnic Print

S

The advantage of having friends in the Facebook who live in the Borneo region is that they post something that will wow you the minute you see it. Well, wow me at least. I'm so much in love with these ethnic prints from one of the native in the state of Sarawak - called the Orang Ulu - one of the many, many tribes that exist in the region. These patterns is part of the typical Batik which you can find there. The prints looks very organic in somewhat intertwined floral pattern. Kinda reminds me of the art nouveau collection by 10 Corso Como for Liberty of London.

I really like it. Since ethnic and tribal prints is really hot for summer, I have some crazy ideas what can I do with those Orang Ulu prints. Something that will emulate what Dolce & Gabbana used to do in the previous SS09. =)


[pix from fb friend's of friend :D]

S
 

Most Reading