Pages

BigFatSpender: When 2 Become 1

S

This year's gonna be the last summer sale while I'm living here in London. And I've made a pledge for not to buy anymore black shoes in this sales period coz I have tons of them. Boots, lace-ups, loafers, trainers... you name it. In black. Kinda really suits the 'fashionista' term I guess coz apparently i heard that fashionista only wears black. Haha! Don't know about that. But whatever the term you may say, I think black is the most versatile shoes that one can own. The easiest that can be paired with almost any clothes. Yes, almost. =)

So, the summer sale this year there's no more black shoes. Yes, that's another 'almost' for me too. I've made a leeway for myself though: unless it is combined with other colors or with other materials, then I can buy 'em. And boy, did it pay off?

Absolutely. First up is the shoes that I've been wanting since last winter which I wrote in previous blog entry. The two-tonal derby shoes by Beatrix Ong. I've been wanting this monochrome with leather-wool combo since last January, but they don't have my size then. But this time, I'm delighted when i check it online and there's still available. So, I rushed to the store at Newburgh Quarter two months ago and very lucky to get my hands on it. Very lucky coz it's the only one left. And two times lucky too coz the price being slashed to almost 70%! Good things happens for those who wait? I bet. (I think that's what the Chinese call it 'Ong', means luck) =)

The second shoes which is also made of two materials is by Zara. I saw it last Spring and even tried 'em on in store. But being put off by the price then which i think is a bit pricey given the shoes is quite casual. Yet I love the black denim-leather combinations which is very innovative. So, when it went on sale for almost half price, me cannot wait any longer to snap it fast. This is currently my fav shoes for summer 2010 coz i love wearing it without socks! My feet 'mould' in them easily, probably due to the denim fabric which is stretchy and not too 'confined' like leather. =)

So. My pledge of not getting any black shoes? It doesn't 100% work. But as long as the shoes is made of 2 materials into 1, then the black is still acceptable to me. =)

S
 

Most Reading