Pages

Converse Hi Slimmed Down

S

I love that Converse has finally embraced the need to slim down without compromising on the classic look of their famous Chuck Taylor series. When I visited some shoe stores back a couple of months ago I am quite drawn into the new Converse hi slim sneakers that was on display. I can say I love the new look so much coz it won't add bulk and chunkiness down under unlike the traditional Chucks. It's much lighter and looks more like plimsols that made a huge trend on the London highstreet.

To me this new slim Chuck Taylor is the neo-classic by Converse yet to be huge on the streets. So much so, I even bagged one in black canvas which I think the ultimate Converse 'standard'. And if you ask whether the feet is protected or comfy due to the slimming down of the soles: well, all I can say this is Converse, dude. Comfy is not a compromise coz the soles are really no difference than the 'non-slim' version. It's still thick that I can't even feel the gravel on the pavement unlike some cheap plimsols I found at highstreet stores.

I think I may get another one in ox too. Or a hi leather like in the pix below. Just to have some variations in my shoe closet. :)


Slim Chuck Taylor on yours truly...

S
 

Most Reading