Pages

Event Rehearsal: Day 4 & Day 5...

S
Event rehearsal - Day 4.

The theme of the day is 'urban steel'. What is so steel about it? The suit that I'm wearing is a bit shiny when hit by the light. And it's grey, that's why i cat it steel (steel greay, get it?). the suit is from River Island, with a slight glimmer if I may say. But not as shiny as the suit that David Beckham wears in the Yahoo! advert. I love the one button that give that mod feel and contour the waistline pretty well.

To streamline with the grey theme, I paired the suit with a hi-sheen grey slimfit shirt from Zara and a slim tie in horizontal grey/black mini stripes from Burton. Again, it's all highstreet at their best. Just to inject a bit of designer, I went a bit classic with a pair of dip-dyed grey leather brogues from Paul Smith.

The grey theme really proven a hit that day since other people in the hall like it as well. And the best thing, I got to walk on the red carpet again. But, erm... nope; there's no flashing bulbs around - otherwise I may end up in someone else's blog! (Haha, I wish!)

The next day - Day 5.

One of the big day, since it's the full-dress rehearsal for the event. I dunno why they called it full-dress rehearsal. What... are the previous days everyone has been 'partially dressed'? Or naked? Erm.. I don't think so. But anyway, the full-dress rehearsal is the time when the mock-up of the real event will be done with all the procession and people wearing the costume or special robe for the big day. And it's the day when the choir group, the orchestra and the live band will come together doing all their musical stuff.

Since it was the 'full-dress' day, I decided to wear something typically formal and sombre so that it'll mirrored on what I'm gonna wear on the real 'solemn' day too. The theme is 'edgy chic'. Why chic? To me anything that is black and white is considered chic. Very simple and classic, very Parisian colors... that's why it's chic. And edgy?

Well, the suit is all typical black, one-button slimfit suit (also from River Island). The shirt (from Zara) however has a bit of twist to it. The base is white, but it has a double collar - black under white. To add to that, at the back it has a black 'backbone' and black hems on the cuffs as well - creating an overall edgy feel to otherwise plain white shirt. At times when the event went for a break, I tried to take off my blazer, so that people really can see how interesting the shirt is. And yup, from the surprised faces of the onlookers, I think they do agree that the shirt is quite special!

Oh, the plain black tie is from Red Herring @ Debenhams; while the shoes that I wore that day really is the major talking point coz it's not the kind that people there usually or ever wear. It's the Kenneth Cole black patent boots which heels is slightly higher. I heards some buzzing around, but the comment that I got from a friend is only that "bro, your shoes is so damn shiny!!"... rather than it's a high heels. Ahaks!

Anyway, i love my 'black tie event' outfit that day. Very Dolce & Gabbana? Ha! ... I wish. But that doesn't stop those choir groups to ogle everytime they went on a break! Lol! =)

S
 

Most Reading