Pages

Highstreet Vs. High End: Velvet Loafers

S
Continuation from the recent lookbook at ES Magazine, I noticed there's a velvet loafers on the last picture which looks quite a dandy. I've been seeing quite a lot of velvet loafers recently in men's fashion magazine especially from Tom Ford and Ralph Lauren, or on catwalk like Dolce & Gabbana in previous seasons. Though at first I think the shoes are normally worn alongside the robe by those rich people when they lounge around in their mansion (like Hugh Hefner, lol!), now it also has become a substitute to patent loafers for evening wear.

There're a lot of velvet loafers in the market but the one that I think really tick the right boxes is the one with embroidered details on the upper (in golden thread) and quilted inner lining in red. The look quite luxe like this one by Aspinal of London. Though I'm not that crazy about the 'lion' motifs, I do like the shape which is quite pointy like most of the shoes that I have. Price? £165 (yeah, on the yikes..! side).

But if look is what matter most without having to spend a lot of money, the one by H&M might do the job as well. The inner lining and material might look quite cheap (in cheap fabric), but the golden 'crest' looks pretty cool. I think the shape is also better than Aspinal. With the price of just £15, what more can you ask for, right? Anyone can rock in dandy look without a doubt!


Velvet loafers by Aspinal of London (£165)


Velvet loafers @ H&M (£14.99)

S
 

Most Reading