Pages

Inspired?

S

I would like to thank Soo Sing for writing such a beautiful article about me. She and her team interviewed me last month and I am so delighted to be reading what she've written. Kudos to you and your team for being able to hit the 3000-words mark coz the article exceeds that! Fantastic!

I have to say it's really amazing, plus surreal at the same time to be reading about yourself. At times it's like looking at yourself through a mirror, but instead this is in writing. And by which through some other people's eyes. Every byte of the sentence seems magic. Every phrases got something to tell. Every word is inspiring. In fact, as narcissist as I could be, I suddenly became inspired by it. Inspired by... my own self? Can I say that even if it's kinda weird? But that's the truth. I'm inspired by the person that she have written in the article.

One of the thing that I like the most is when she wrote about my contribution to the community. Though I gave her the points about my charity work during the interview; being put everything in a sentence is truly amazing. I never thought I've done all of those (and still do) coz charity work should never be told to other people. It has to be discreet. Has to be done in quiet. This is what she wrote, which I copied from her article... (jgn marah Soo Sing, I absolutely love it btw!)

"Contributions to the Community
Mr. Zamri said that he was more involved in community or charity works when he was in London, United Kingdom (UK). In UK, it was easier to get involve in charity work. He is a monthly donor to several charity houses such as Oxfam Great Britain, the British Red Cross Society, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), Sense (the deaf blind charity), and WaterAid (an international non-profit organization that involves in constructing pipes, well or other means of water supplies to the Third World countries). He also contributed to iThemba AIDS Foundation in donation. This is a charity that works to bring hope to people affected by HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa. In Malaysia, he is a monthly donor to MAKNA (Majlis Kanser Nasional) or National Cancer Council is a non-profit organization in Malaysia whose mission is ‘to mobilize resources in order to provide curative, preventive, research and support services to cancer patients, their families, high risk groups and the general public’. He started to get himself involved in this organization because whatever involving cancer has a deep meaning to him since his father died from the illness. Other from MAKNA, he also involves in helping the orphans through donations to the Rumah Anak-anak Yatim."

Thanks Soo Sing. That's really beautiful. :)

[* and thanks for finding my blog!]
S
 

Most Reading