Pages

To Fur or Not to Fur?

S
So lately I've been having this awful moral dilemma. Everywhere I go, class, on the street, online, I am surrounded by beautiful fur coats and vests. mink and rabbit, gorgeous and soft. Up until now, I would have never even thought of buying something that is real fur, because I am an animal lover to the core. However, when learning about how furs and leathers are made, I started to think a bit differently. I mean, I'm not a vegetarian, I wear leather shoes and purses. I don't know. But then again, I could cry every time I see or hear about someone with a chinchilla fur coat, especially when I think back to my lovely chinchilla babies just a few years ago. And I started to rationalize the fact that the only way I could ever buy fur is if it is vintage, because it was made so long ago. I have old hats that I have taken apart that are fur to make headbands, and I am Ok with that. I don't know. And I'm perfectly fine with wearing faux fur coats and such, I'm just trying to figure out where I stand on this... Thoughts, opinions????! I need help...
S
 

Most Reading