Pages

Bordering Out From Oxford St...

S
It hit me like a bullet train when I received the email from Borders a couple of week ago that the're having a closing down sale at Oxford Street store. What?? Closing down? Another victim of credit crunch?

Oh man, I really love Borders @ Oxford St. It's the store where I first go and listen to Mariah's Against All Odd almost a decade ago (boy, how time flies!). It's also where I always go and browse the new trends in the magazine sections, be it GQ, Nylon, VMag or whatever. It's where I get great cookbooks on the bargain section (as if i cook, LOL!) and having my caramel macchiato Starbucks with my cousin while talking about fashion!

But when they're having closing down sale, I have to join in. Tell you it's a ginormous SALE. Almost everything in store is slashed to their half price. And for things that's already being discounted, you get further half price too.

So my pick? Are these lots, among a few:

  • Skinny Bastard. A must-read for any bloke in summer. It said on the cover "A Kick-in-the-Ass for Real Men Who Want to Stop Being Fat And Start Getting Buff". Well, I'm already skinny btw.
  • The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic. Hmm.. does the title ring a bell? LOL. I got the previous Confession of A Shopaholic book by Kinsella, so this one is another addition.
  • Shopaholic Abroad. Another follow-up series by Kinsella. And because I'm going abroad too. (Shopaholic. Going abroad. Get it?)
  • Guide for The Modern Gentlemen. A book with loads of rubbish but useful tips and knowledge for blokes. Like style guide, how to change a tyre, how to chop an onion like a pro, etc, etc :)

And some cookbooks at £1 plus some technical books. About 15 books altogether - all massive clearance discounts and doesn't even break the bank! (And I am surprise too)

BORDERS - I shall miss you.

(Btw, there'll be a New Look store replacing it. More clothes. Woohoo!!)

S
 

Most Reading