Pages

It's Black. It's White. It's Neil Barret!

S

I remember during the schooldays when I used to eat this thin, slender looking biscuits called Nini that we dip into chocolate sauce. It is then I got this half bread, half choc tip which I indulged with pleasure. Well, that’s the perfect representation (as far as I’m concerned at least, :D) when I look at this shoe by Neil Barret. Part black, part white. As if someone just dip the plain white shoe into a molten black tar just like Nini.

Previously seen during Neil Barret’s show for spring/summer ’09 collection, it may not be anyone’s cuppa but I love the minimalistic look. Very chic and edgy. It’s a nice take to replace the shoelaces with the elasticised ‘gore’ giving it a loafer look. And not to mention those patent black leather toecap that looks eerily succulent.

And there’s one wish: I want it! It should be a pleasurable indulgence too snug my feet into one, as pleasure as indulging Nini!



S
 

Most Reading