Pages

Labels or Look? : Striped Plimsolls

S
I was flipping back the March issue of GQ again last weekend when I stumbled upon the tiny details on one of the pages. It's Nicole Farhi canvas plimsols in beige. Hey, isn't that a striped plimsoll? And where have I seen the similarities?

Oh yeah, it's my stripe plimsolls from Next. It may not have the similar color coz mine is blue&white. Nor that it has the Derby look like Farhi's. Yet, it the look that counts. Canvas and striped. And the price? Aha...Nicole Farhi's cost a whopping £170 (for canvas plimsols? yikes!). And mine that I got during summer sale is just £7. And that my friend... is a massive difference.

When I wear it again last Tuesday while pairing it with my grey self-cropped denim, people just can't help staring. From the lady in the Tube, to the passersby at the street and even the barista (wink, wink) take a second look! :D What are you looking at? my plimsols or my sexy legs, LOL!

Nway, me vs. designer: 3 - 0!

S
 

Most Reading