Pages

Love Story

S
It’s been a while now I’ve been listening to this song by Taylor Swift – Love Story. I know the song has been lurking around the airwaves last year. But I never bother to hear to any chicks’ song even though everyday I passed through a huge billboard of Taylor Swift at Fitzrovia last winter. Then, there I am while driving my SUV in the highlands last Easter break, my 20-year old nephew asked me whether I’ve ever heard the song? “Why do I wanna hear chicks’ song?” I asked. He said it’s something about forbidden love, the Romeo and Juliet storyline. Kinda what he’s experiencing that moment with his girl. Oh, really? Hmm, interesting. Yet he told it’s a secret and not to tell anyone. Well, ain’t anymore… coz the whole world now knows about it. LOL!

Talking about Love Story, indeed I’m digging it now. The song is very romantic and cool. As cool as the ambience of Spring ‘09 when the trend is all about neo-romanticism and stores like H&M stocks everything with pinks and light greys (and hint of navy and white) on the rails. Tell you, pink and grey is a hot combo. Very urbane. I’m rocking in some of them too.


H&M pink shirt


Rocking in H&M grey jacket and pink jumper
while clutching LV Damier Graphite Tadao

And when I think back, the rhythm of the song is very ‘catwalky’ too, perfect for runway show especially when showing all the women’s flowy, chiffon dresses that exudes the sense of romance in them. Wonder if anyone ever used the song before? Oh, yes. Galliano did it during Dior FW09 last March. But a very upbeat version of it, that’s why the clothes are not that flowy. LOL!


Dior Fall/Winter '09
(pix from style.com)

And mentioning love, I found some keyrings in heart shapes. Great gift for love ones. Or to give to special someone without uttering the magic word too loud (ehem..). 'It's a love story... baby just say YES!' :)



Heart keyrings by Aspinal of London


Heart keyrings by Thomas Lyte

S
 

Most Reading