Pages

Style to Steal: Austin Reed Red Label

S
I honestly never give a second look whenever I pass thru Austin Reed store at Regent Street. Maybe because most items on the mannequins at their display window screams 'Too Formal', 'Too Old'. And maybe too because of its price tag is on the upper side of highstreet range.

But voila. Today when I flipped open the center part of Metro, I am surprised to see the new collection by them. Codenamed AR Red. Yeah, it's the Red label, signifying the store's effort to cater for the younger market. Young as in 30+ in their definition. Nggg...

Btw, I think they look kinda cool despite the quite hefty price tag and the fact that I can still find some similar pieces at other stores at bargain prices. Still, I like one particular item - i.e. the leather jacket. Very hard to find the simple design like this - with ribbed cuffs and simple zippered pockets.

Other pieces quite interesting too. Btw, I love the overall look when they put it together. Especially the tee and waistcoat combo. Very lusciously urban! I'm totally gonna rock that look again next time (which I've done before). :D

Leather jacket (at £300, yikes!!)


Loving this look!!


(pix from austinreed.co.uk and metro.co.uk)
S
 

Most Reading