Pages

zaBigFatWeekend: Checks, Florals, Blues and...What Is Fashion?

S
What a cracking weekend again. Though it's not fair that every time Victoria line is out of service, there is always a blue sky. And the last thing you wanna do is to take the replacement bus just to get to Zone 1 and risking yor style in the crammed Piccadilly line. Pheww!!

Anyway. As usual, what's going on in highstreet? Loads! The stores really get my juices flowing coz every week they always got something new on the racks. Great, coz otherwise we all get bored easily, not to mention I'll be dried out of ideas what to write in this blog. LOL!

So, my day started at Westfield coz it's been a while I've not visited the mall. Making by beeline to H&M, man, they really got new clothes. New floral shirt like this which kinda remind me of Dolce and Gabbana SS'09 collection but a little bit of overdoing it. The color combo is what I'm drawn into plus the fit which is flattering. The artwork is pretty immaculate, reminisces tatoo artist-slash-Javanese batik design. Chic? Not so coz the prints is too much to take all in. Yet the grandad neck and slim-fitting cut is pretty cool..

The other shirt is this black shirt with blue hues floral prints . Amazing design. The flowers kinda grow on the shoulder then start slithering towards the bottom and develop to the other half of the shirt. And the color is such delish!

Checks. Again next season is definitely dominated by this. And this suit is one on the ad campaign before. Alas it arrives in store and I got the chance to try 'em on. I can say I am infatuated with the design ala grey Burberry Brit checks. It might be a formal wear but I love the nonchalant feel to it. Very cool. The cut of the two-button jacket is very flattering though it hangs slightly low (which is not my cuppa). The pants is skinny fit giving a mod feel. I think I need my thigh to be more meaty to rock in it better! Yet, kudos on the color combo and design.

The other checks is this scarf that I've written in a couple of blogs ago. Very Bottega Veneta-meet-Burberry. Love the size, love the design and love the price! (It's only £5!)

Next, is this purple jumper (doesn't look purple in the pix huh?). I am really loving this one. 1. The fit is uber flattering. 2. There is a twist in the design - a zippered side which open right through one side. Great if you wanna flash your toned chest (I think I should work on it too :D). And because it's a ribbed wool, it really hugs the body pretty amazing. The contour of your torso is enhanced very well. Scream! Think I should snatch it next visit. :)


On to my next stop - Zara. Wow, Zara also has upped their ante by offering new arrays of jackets. Boy, am I lusting over those new tuxedo jacket in dark indigo denim with contrast satin lapels. Thank God they don't have my size, or it'll probably be hanging in my wardrobe by now. Other jackets that they have in store include this hybrid biker jacket. Hybrid? Yes. Those designer at Zara is genius to come up with pleather-polyester (or izzit nylon?) combo. The front body is pleather (or PU), while partly on the back is polyester twill. Same goes on the sleeves as you can see in the pix. Brilliant. The price is also within reach. Amazing!


Last but not least, while making myself out of the store I spotted this white tee. Yes, the 'WHAT IS FASHION?' stamp on the pecs. I just fall in love not just with the corny statement which has the comedic appeal to it, but the fit which is truly flattering due to the material is cotton-lycra (great for my new no-more-coffee biceps :D). And guess what? It sells out fast coz it goes off from the shelves like hot pancakes!

And my weekend ends almost midnite after taking a friend whose on short transit from a far, far away land to all over London for quick London tour. Great, though my shoulder felt like they're gonna fall off due to me clutching my purchases (the H&M scarves, two WHAT IS FASHION? white tees and some others), not to mention some groceries fixes in my YSL canvas tote. Pheeww!

S
 

Most Reading