Pages

zaBigFatWeekend: Happily Ever After...Part 1

S
It's weekend! I dunno why I'm always excited when weekend arrives. Maybe coz it's time to play? Time go out without guilt? Time to unwind? But whatever it is, weekend IS the time to go bargain hunting and... SHOPPING (and window shopping too). With now that I don't have to worry about breakfast and lunch and all the meals in between, what better than to spend the whole day at the hightstreet, right?

So what's happening this weekend? With the bright sunny sky, mercury hits high and Victoria line is in service (yeay!!!), I said to myself "I'm bringing my sexy back!" (Cue JT's song :D). Donning my 'What Is Fashion' white tee (again??) and Uniqlo blue jeans - I'm totally rock in all slim-fitting gear. Not to mention my Dior boots which is totally made for walking... I ruled the highstreet!

Ok, ok..enough of that. What's in store? H&M.. as h and m goes, I'm totally gonna say hmmmm... Nothing new in store. Probably they're slowing down a bit (?). Maybe new collection will be in next week, we'll see. But something that I spotted is the black denim shirt which looks quite cool.

Same goes to Zara except that some stores still having massive summer stocks clearout. And nothing new that I've spotted (or probably I blink and miss it?). He by Mango? Sorry, I won't dare visit the store again coz the collection is totally blah. Too bad for them. I just wonder how they gonna sell out? River Island - am I loving the oversized chunky knit cardigan? Oh, so tempting. I think they probably used the expertise of the fashion students that I saw during the catwalk in Graduate Fashion Week. I think that piece would be the 'to-die-for'!

Anyway, on to Uniqlo High Street Kensington. They're finally in!! The leather bomber jackets that I mention in previous blogs. The bomber jacket look like this one, reminices the jacket worn by the Beckhams one time during yesteryears. I love the fit and the how it hangs just nice slightly above the butt. Very simple yet chic. It has this zippered cuff and pockets. Mind you they're all synthetic leather, but the texture is so buttery soft...as if it can just melt in your hands... delish! Yet, with this bomber jacket I have one slight dislike - the fit in the neck is a bit too wide even with the smallest size I tried (maybe my neck is small?). So, minus loads of points there...

Then my eyes wandering around. Well, is that it? Is this all the leather jackets that you have? I asked the salesguy. He said yes, that's all that we have. Wait a minute. Where's the asymmetric? Where's the hoodie ones? Feeling disappointed, I make my way out to Oxford St... (to be continued...)

S
 

Most Reading