Pages

zaBigFatWeekend? Not Really....

S
I thought my weekend would be perfect. Money's in because it's the end of month, Vistoria line is in full service, weather is not that bad, the weekend break is another day longer and stores had loads of bargains due to bank holiday so shoppers would deffo flock the stores. But, it doesn't seem so. Hmm...

My day started quite weird when I board Victoria line the yesterday. I'm so glad that I got to sit on that single-seater in the rare Victoria line coach and there's not many people around that morning. Then it stopped at the next station where suddenly loads of people get in. And since my coach has limited seats and loads of standing spaces, suddenly this middle-aged lady suddenly sat beside me! On the already single seat. Hello..are you a nutter? She didn't even want to move to the seat in front of me (which is double seater) even if another passenger offered her. Totally weirdo. Does she get infatuated to my Carlina Herrera's Chic perfume? Or my Gucci boots? So weird..

Btw, my shopping trip this time brought me back to Westfield. Once arrived, there's not many people around. Hey, where's everybody?? This is weird no. 2... I thought.

So, what's hot in stores? It seems that there's a denim war going on between Uniqlo and H&M. Both are offering discounts on denims. Uniqlo did mix-n-match of any 2 jeans for £40 (original price is £25 each denims), while H&M did £10-off selected denims. But I think Unqilo win this one coz their range is way much better!

At Uniqlo I was contempt to get those mustard-colored V neck merino wool jumper on offers. But damn...they don't have my size. Instead I tried on the crew neck. Yikes! Not sexy at all. I hate covering my chest, fyi!! But the color is stunning nonetheless.

Then there was this green V neck which is so delicious (doesn't look that green in the pix, huh?). There are two greens actually, but I pick this one up coz the color is very richer which felt quite luxe.

And there was this pink one. Yikes! I think it's too camp. The color is too towards fuchsia which I really hate. But I have a go to try it anyway just to test how it might look. (Oh why am I having the same pose??)

And some newcomers - the striped V-neck jumper in purplish pink-black combo. I kinda like the quirky cool feel of it. The merino wool felt so amazing too. Sadly I think this one isn't on £5 off... And oh, at Uniqlo it's kinda weird to get those fitting room for handicapped people. It was so damn huge I, I felt almost intimidating by it. And the lighting is bad too given the size of the room. I think I like a smaller claustrophobic cubicle more... :)

Off to H&M. Nothing new in stores @ Westfield. I was hoping the new wool coat and the merino grandad tee would be in. Yet there's none. Anyway, some that caught my attention are these two jeans. Very rock-n-roll, grunge feel to it. Like this one with splashes of paint on it. In a glance it looks like the denim that guys-after-the-home-renovation-job-that-I-saw-in-the-Tube would wear. It might not be my everyday jeans though, but it looks cool. The fit is amazing too coz it's in the 'SLIQ' range. Very slim-fitting.

Another 'SLIQ' is this one and should be at least one piece in any men's wardrobe - the torn jeans. I know for some of us the ripped jean days are over, but they're making a huge comeback. Dolce & Gabbana did it for next Spring/Summer '10. This one at H&M might come close with pretty amazing 'rip-off' job they did. But the color...hmm, I'll pass.

I sadly went off empty-handed from Westfield before I finally landed at Zara Oxford St and snapped the 'What Is Fashion' tees in red and black. Yes, they come in four colors fortunately (including grey marl). And the salesguy admits there're all quite a seller and went off shelves damn fast (maybe becoz I wrote in this blog last week perhaps..ahaks!!) Anyway this red tee is damn HOT!! Get now if your size is medium and below. LOL!

With list of full loads of stuff to get but managed to get nothing but the tess, my day is finally finished off at the Hamley's toy store. Getting the Harry Potter wand for my nephew's upcoming birthday. Then I spotted there's also this Nimbus 2000 thingy on the glass display that come at a bargain price of £150! Hmm.. maybe his next birthday I might get this one too. Or I can just buy it for myself so that I can 'fly' with it anywhere I want... LOL!

S
 

Most Reading