Pages

zaBigFatBreak: Shopping in Paris - the Crown Jewels

S
I remember watching Chanel's Spring/Summer '09 show in my iPod, with the track by Ladyhawke 'Paris Is Burning' on the background. The images really lured me to come to Paris, especially when I saw the backdrop of the runway - the House of Chanel at 31, Rue Cambon - with Coco Rocha, Natasha Poly and Lily Donaldson strutting their stuff on the catwalk. I say 'Paris...here I come!!'.

Then, there I am last weekend at this fashion capital. It felt just surreal. Especially when I made my journey all the way at Rue Saint-Honore - the eqivalent of New Bond St in London - where the big names in fashion is located. From Valentino to YSL, Dolce & Gabbana to Prada. And of course, the much talkabout - Hermes store, just at the corner of Rue Boissy d'Anglas.

And of course, one can never leave Paris if not for Chanel. As much as I'm infatuated with Rue Cambon backdrop of the catwalk show, I finally stepped my feet on the real one. The House of Chanel at 31, Rue Cambon, where Mademoiselle Coco Chanel herself lived. Very stylish, very chic, very black and white - very Chanel. I remember Karl Lagerfeld said - Paris is about black and white - and he is not wrong there. Well, to the one at Rue Cambon at least.

At the cul-de-sac of Rue Saint-Honore, I made my beeline to Parc de Marche to find my favorite designer store - Marc Jacobs! Voila... this one is divided into two - pour femme and pour homme. Both are cool. And this time I even invade their fitting rooms, where I came across with bundles of Marc Jacobs's tees and polos. :)

And bla, bla, bla... there's another Chanel at Rue Royale, so as Dior and Gucci (drool...). And taking a metro back to the north, I went to the another overhyped store - Galeries Lafayette. Hmm.. do i like it? Not really. Apart that they sell Commes des Garcon in store and their superb glass ceiling, I think Selfridge's in London is million miles much better than this one. Sorry, Paris... I think London is just the one in my heart! :)


Chanel @ 31, Rue Cambon


Chanel @ Rue Royale



I love the cases outside Goyard


John Galliano @ Rue Saint-Honore



Gucci 'Galaxy' python bag



Miss Gianini, I want this one for my birthday, please...


Hermes...


I can 'feel' the buttery soft leather...even from the other side of the window :)


Ostrich Birkin, anyone?


Marc @ the Parc.
Marc by Marc Jacobs @ Parc du Marche St-Honore


Love the summery feel @ MJ store



Models strutting their stuff for CK Free outside Galeries Lafayette

S
 

Most Reading