Pages

Jil Sander for Uniqlo: The Countdown and My First Encounter

S
The countdown now has almost ended. +J - the anticipated Uniqlo collaboration with Jil Sander will hit the stores and online starting 10.00 am tomorrow. Their stores at Oxford Street even did the countdown too by having their window display do the "3..2..1" thingy. And boy, while everyone is still waiting for tomorrow, I already had my hands on some of the collection - coz they're already on the mannequins. Touch and feel, but not haven't tried them on yet.

My verdict? Hmmm...I don't know what to say. It's probably has the 'b' word - bland. When I feel the fabric, it's not what I am expecting. The fabric felt like same other highstreet pieces like H&M or River Island. The pants look similar to what Uniqlo used to have, which I loathe. Yet I only 'feel' some of them, so I might be wrong here. Tomorrow would definitely be the 'judgement' day.

Would I buy the clothes? I dunno. Maybe just the shirts. But, one question remains: would I be the first to queue for the collection. I doubt it. I'd rather be queueing at the Freshers' Fayre for those freebies and goodie bags instead.

S
 

Most Reading