Pages

zaBigFatBreak: Shopping in Paris - the Little Gems..

S
Much of the overhyped designer shops at Rue St Honore, not many people really know that Paris also got some little gems for the shopping desire. Well, to me at least, coz I also search for something special about a city. Something really has 'Paris' screams all over it. Almost, at least.
Some of my find along the journey...

  • Maison Franco Orientale @ Rue Daubenton [Metro: Denfert Rochereau]. It sells something out of Morocco, which is known for their tanneries. So you can expect everything leather here like the leather slippers, bags and very oriental purses. Once I entered the shop, I can't help but being hit by the pungent odor (or aroma?) of the very musky incense mixed with the leather/suede smell. Oh, they also sell the very ornate Moroccan lamp shades and glasses. And oh, btw... the owner don't like me taking the photos.. ngg...

  • The Moulin Rouge Gift Shop @ Rue Lepic [Metro: Blanche]. If you like can-can dancers, then you must visit Moulin Rouge. Their gift shop though is located at the other street just on the side of the building. As the name says - the shop is in 'rouge'. It's a tiny little shop, but you can find things everything with Moulin Rouge - red/black umbrella, bags, keyrings, fridge magnet; and also the fragrances and the infamous headliners gears for you to buy too.

  • Point WC @ Carrousel du Lourve. Well, it's not just a shop, but it's actually a toilet. I stumbled upon this toilet-slash-shop when I was about to go for nature's call after making my way out from the Lourve. It's not your typical toilet though - it's very chic one. Just look at the pix! To enter I paid 1 Euro, but what can I say...it's emergency. Lol. Btw, the shop on the way out sells the..err.. toilet papers. A very 'couture' one. From the sudoku, to the 'hearts' all over it to something plain but colorful. Sometimes I think they're too good to be used to..ehem.. you knwo what I mean. :)





  • Hard Rock Cafe @ Boulevard Poissonneire [Metro: Grands Boulevards, Richelieu Drout]. Well, ok. This one might not be the little gem but at least it has 'Paris' name stamp on it. I love Hard Rock Cafe, and a big collector of their city's keyrings and fridge magnet too. So, this one will not be out of my sight. The gift shop is, however, very small compared to London's. (London rocks!!)

While making my way out to the Champs Elysses, I can't help but being lure to Zara there. Especially when I saw this jacket at the window display. I want it! But, I'll wait when Zara in London stock it coz in paris, it's way much pricier! yikes...


S
 

Most Reading