Pages

zaBigFatSnoop: Military at Zara

S
After my visit to SHOWStudio, I made my way to... the highstreet! Eeek! I know i can't help but to conclude the tour of the day to my favorite stores in Oxford St and Regent St. This time around is just at Zara.

Man, I can't believe that after 2 months I last saw it in their store in Paris, at last the military jacket that I'm lusting for is finally made it on the British Isles. The leather jacket with buttons galore and all those embroidery-laden on the front. Yes, that one. My verdict?

You know that kinda feeling when you go on a blind date, that you expect something but it turned out not as what you want after all. Well, what can I say... it happens to this jacket though. That same feeling. First - this one is not leather -it's pleather or scientifically people known it as polyurethane. Or our friends at Uniqlo like to call it neo-leather. Well, that's not too bad coz it appeals to even the vegetarian people. :) Overall, I like the design. The embriodery that fill the whole front torso as well as on the cuff. And all the metal buttons galore. That's quite something, huh? But, with something whole lot more going on on the back side, I think it's too tacky. i prefer the backside is plain.

And the price at £99 for non-leather? Are you kidding me? But if you're talking about buying it for the sake of the art alone, I couldn't agree more. One thing for sure, it does look like what Jimi Hendrix used to wear, right?

Another version that's new is this slightly subdued version of it. Still with loads of button, but less ornate as before. Both jacket fit nicely. I dunno whether I should bag it, but it does look good should I wanna wear it during my fashion show next year. :)

S
 

Most Reading