Pages

Rocking in Kaftan

S
Remember that Versace kaftan worn by Marlon Teixeira in GQ Style Russia? Isn't it look divine and to die for? Ok, maybe not to die for - more of to 'dye' for instead, coz the fabric seems to have that dip dye feel with that gradual earth tones in it. It looks very light, quite fluid and pretty sheer too. What I like about it is the length - it drops way to the thighs - making it much more what the Arabs (and some Asians) wear. And the slits on the side? That adds a little hint of edge and looks awesome when it move with the wind.


I like that Versace really took the inspiration from the Arabs for that kaftans collection. Well, those may cost a fortune to own one; so finding a quite similar can also do the same job. When I scour into my own wardrobe last time, I found my black kaftan which I've been keeping for quite a while and never wear when I was in London. It was when I brought it home with me I slip it on quite often, wearing it every now and then.

I actually bought this one during a Diwali sale at a local mall years ago. Sounds kinda weird coz while all the Indians are buying their clothes for the Festival of Light, there I am too trying to find some bargain in the menswear section. I love the embroidery on the neckline of this one which add some flair to it. Though the color is black, it doesn't 'heat' me up coz the fabric is very lightweight. I always love kaftans coz its quite versatile. To put it on test, I try wearing it with a jacket (the H&M seersucker blazer), and it looks quite ok. Don't you think? =)

So, saying a kaftan is just for an ethnic group -I think that's kinda passé nowadays. Everybody who is anybody can rock in it. (Read: Versace did it!)


S
 

Most Reading