Pages

BigFatSnoop: Topman

S


Silly me. I thought the new Topman LTD is not available at their store in Oxford Circus. But I was wrong after all, coz I didn't realize that the range is actually located right in front of the escalator in the menswear's second floor. Almost all of them, bearing the theme of the equestrian.

One of them is the white tee with the head of the horse drawn on the front. The fit is a bit loose as you can see in the pix. But kudos for the artist who did the drawing though coz it's beautifully done.

Another one that I tried from the range is this red grandad neck t-shirt. The fabric is a bit heavy, and quite interesting coz it's done like quilt-stitched all over it. There's some like and dislike about this tee though - I like the cuffed sleeves which is quite neat, but hate the drop of the tee which is way too long below the bottom.


Another piece from the LTD collection is the army green hooded long-sleeves top. The hoodie on this top is a cross between a cowl neck and typical hoodie that you can wear like as it is. I saw this so many times at All Saints, so it's quite cool that Topman also did a version in jersey making it quite lightweight. And there're pockets on the front if you look closer in the pix.

Last time when I went to Topman during the debut of the second collection for the AAA range, there're not many in my size available. So this time I got to try this one which I'm dying to get my hands on. Very interesting coz I love anything with cowl neck these days. The drop of the neck is sewn together with the crew top behind making the front part of this tee somewhat a 'double layer'. The fit is awesome coz the fabric is quite stretchy, yet lightweight. Rock 'n' roll? I think so... :)

Last piece that i've tried that day is the tee in one of the consessions in-store. It's by Ashley Marc Hovelle (boy, i love the name.. very edgy for a brand!). What's cool about this tee? Apart from the sleeves which I hate (too Buzzlightyear!), the fit is quite ok though. And the print on the front make it look even cooler coz it's somehow similar to the one that Simon Nessman wore in the Bottega Veneta SS11 show recently (and by which John Galliano did the same thing for SS10 collection). So, if you think you wanna copy the look for next summer, get this top fast!

S
 

Most Reading