Pages

At Ease... with Peace Corps Backpack

S
I stumbled upon it last year at Topman Oxford Circus, after returning from a quick weekend tour at Spitalfields, East London. It was quite irony, coz earlier that day I saw quite similar design at Albam - their backpack that's called Summit - which has very uncanny resemblance to it, but without the hefty price tag. I'm quite excited to see how nice the design was... yet wasn't quite sure then whether to buy it or not.

Two weeks after that, I went back again to Oxford Circus and saw it one more time. I was about to buy, but after 'weighing' all the pro and cons that I've already spend quite a lot at Zara prior hitting Topman - I have to forget my intention. And then again, it was the third time... I returned to the store, contempt that this thing could be mine - and as people said, third time could be a charm. But, dang... it was out of stock! You cannot be serious...! I said to myself. There's no way this thing is gonna be mine since a day after that I have to leave the British Isle once and for all... and fly home.

Yet, some said you've gotta dream harder to make things happen. And I think that's what I did... dream. And suddenly, poof!... like a genie has granted my wish, last week the bag has finally arrived onto my lap. I'm ecstatic to find it in my mailbox with a sticker read on the parcel 'We Come in Peace'. Holla! Yes, in peace... or better, in one piece coz it arrived safe and sound!


Introducing my new military backpack by Peace Corps. No, I'm not in the army who fight for the nation; rather I'm the army of shoppers who spendalot and make sure economy is restored!

What is it about this backpack which made me return to the store thrice? I just love the color combo to be honest - black with tan leather lining that looks utterly delicious. And because it is a canvas - a great quality one that is hard-wearing and quite robust; suit for hot season and making it a good companion for any 'xtreme' activities.

Another thing is because of the construction. The main body is made of one single piece of canvas with no sewing at the base. Why is it good? That means should you carry heavier stuff, the bag won't rip off or tear apart. I've tested it by putting heavy books inside, and it works charm.

Other criteria that made me like something is its versatility, and this bag gave me that. While the two handles can be adjusted their length thru the eyelets and buckle, the backpack can also be worn as a single-handle. If you see at the back, there's a ring on the top section - by which the handle can be swung easily onto the other side without any problem. Unlike some other backpack, though you can 'combine' the handles together still the top part can't be flipped as one. But not this bag. Awesome.

What else? Oh, I like that the handles and stuff are bolted to the main body, not just by sewn-in, making it much stronger than other bags in the market. And it can even be easily folded, great if you wanna bring an extra bag in your luggage when you go travel.

Where to find this bag? In-store at Peace Corps concession at Topman Oxford Circus. Also online at Topman.com, as well as at ASOS Marketplace. (If you're a UK uni student, you can get an extra 10% off at Topman, or 20% off at Asos, with a valid student ID).

But you should know something: Topman has a limited places for its online delivery (Malaysia is not included in the international shipping, unfortunately). But @ ASOS (and ASOS Marketplace), they do. So, get it at ASOS then... coz I heard that it's free delivery worldwide (limited time only, people!).

Oh, what's the price? It's just £30! Now you know why I love this bag, huh? There's also other colors like burgundy, blue and khaki to choose from too!







Wear it as two handle like normal backpack...

... or 'combine' them together as a single-handle.

See... no stitching on the base.

Wear it like a usual backpack (with my Peace Corps stripe tee)

or wear it at the front...


Sling it on your back in a single-handle mode.

(credit to my lovely 'genie'... miss t.s)
S
 

Most Reading