Pages

Outfit Swap : 1 Day, 2 Trousers and 3 Shoes.

S
[pix from style.com]

Early last week I was in the mood to copy the look by Josh Hartnett which I saw him attending the El Museo's 2011 Gala that honored Mario Testino's work. He's wearing a grey shimmer suit, that look something like David Beckham's in the Yahoo! advert. So, I pulled out quite similar suit (the one that I wore during emcee rehearsal last October), with the intention to try something different that day. My plan is simple: the grey suit has to be paired with brown shoes, which I learned from GQ previously in order to elevate the sartorial look into another level.

Unfortunately things doesn't go as I hoped for. In the morning right after leaving the house before work, I put on the Paul Smith Miller brogues in dark brown to anchor the whole ensemble. When I stand still, it looks okay as the color really suit together. But as soon as I walked, the bottom part of the trousers which seem to be a bit 'loose' started to flip back and forth making my move a bit awkward to look at. The pants is not truly slim on the ankle section, if you're asking. So, before matters get worse I changed for another shoes - the Armani boots in dark chocolate, which I also bring at the back of the car - to make the whole bottom part of the suits appear a bit, erm, 'well-suited'.

the culprit, and the savior...

wrong, wrong, wrong! black socks with grey trousers and brown shoes? what am I thinking!?

not exactly there yet... but better than previous one.

Then afternoon came, suddenly I'm having that 'I'm not feeling this' moment. I dunno what is what causing the feel, but I know when thing is not feeling right, means is not right at all. So, during the lunch break I went back for the outfit change.

And so, the black slimfit trousers paired with the Hugo Boss wingtip boots became the saviour of the day. As similar to the previous outfit swap post, if else fails ... I chose black!
 
bingo. save the look!

Somehow, why it doesn't occur to me that if I really wanna copy the whole Josh Hartnett look I can just wear my Giorgio Armani lizard shoes with the grey suit instead? Hmmm.... Maybe I should retry next time. :)

I should've worn this Armani shoes instead...
S
 

Most Reading