Pages

zaBigFatWeekend: Mustard, Python and a Snog..

S
What a cracking weekend. Despite Victoria line out of service (again and again), I am having a great time in the city. At first I was about to have a great adventure ~ to snap some photos of the Blue Plaques around London. But, upon stepping out from Westminster station... damn there's a ginormous number of tourists!! No way I'm gonna have a smooth journey, plus I don't wanna be caught in the swine flu limbo. So, I made my diversion - to the highstreet!

So what's hot? Some stores still having sale while some just begun. Marks and Spencer Sale just started, yeah great. And other main players has stocked new Autumn/Winter collection. Yeay! What did I found?

  • H&M: I remember writing about their AW'09 a couple of blogs ago. And guess what, it's already in. What did I tried? The wooly asymmetric biker jacket and the leather bomber jacket. Looking hot. I love the asymmetric design of the first jacket. But the only issue I had - the top is a bit boxy eventhough it's the smallest size I picked. And it hangs a bit above the hip which is not cool.

    The leather jacket one looks good. Yet, not my cuppa tea coz the texture is hard. Kinda feel like I'm a Robocop! Still, kudos for the design though - zipped cuffs, flushed pocket and symmetrical look.

    Other pieces includes the supposed-to-be checks jacket (which is not) but looks amazing (despite the pricey tag). And boy, am I loving the zigzaggy cardi? Hmm.. I should get it next time, LOL!. And some new colors in store - mustard. Very nice.

  • HE By Mango: Sale still going on, and new collection is IN!! I dunno what to pick from the sale coz I almost got everything that I wanted from the SS'09 recently. I ended up trying the Adam Lippes shirt which at first I thought is quite cool. Later on I found out that I hate the fit (despite the massive discount). Quite relaxed feel which is not me at all. Still.. it does look amazing. The fabric is light, the flower power is very masculine chic.

    And about the new collection, I have to take back what I've written in the previous blog. I don't really like 'em. The collection is not what I expected. The bag really sucks (eeekk!). The contrast hem jacket is too highschool and the vest...hmmm.. not quite my taste. The only thing that I can say I might like is the shades. Poor Mango...

  • ZARA: Sale is still going on and there's loads of stuffs on even more discounts (wipeout sale??). And new AW'09 also already in. I can say I've fallen for the very uber-pointy dressy loafers which make me go crazy. I want one of those!! I'll get it next time..nggg.. And I also tried on this trouser in chic check pattern. The fabric is amazing. But later I realised that it's not a typical trouser - it hangs very low! Kinda harem-meet-Charlie Chaplin thingy. The look itself as if making my whole balls went down to gravity! Not cool. Hate it!!

  • Uniqlo: Sale also going on. Oh, I love the new padded quilted jackets for autumn. Better than previous FW'08. Plus, they're reversible! Also I love the new colors - maroon and mustard (again) which is seen on some skinny jeans. Not to mention the new green/grey striped cardi and blue extra-fine merino cardi and jumper. But hey, where's the leather jackets that I'm crazy about??
  • Russel and Bromley: I think they've just started their sale. Love the python loafers on sale that massively caught my eye! Gorgeous. But I told myself not to get any more shoes for the time being. That's why I throw myself out from the shoe store a.s.a.p. Still it looks amazing..nggg.

My purchase of the week? Python again. Not a shoe, but a belt that I found at H&M. Just great. And some shorts on sale at Uniqlo (plus another 10% student discount)

While making myself out of the highstreet, I realised that my feet is bleeding. Well, not really in blood but my white socks became a major victim of the red color from the inner lining of my new Next plimsols. Walked too much, and my feet drenched in sweat. Cheap plimsols. Not cool. And to end up my shopping journey this time, I went for a quick 'snog' at Soho (tell about it next time..). Like it, love it and worth it!

The end.

S
 

Most Reading