Pages

Winter Sale: Day 1. Part 1

S

26 December. After been waiting for months, the Boxing Day has finally arrived. This time the Boxing Day slash Winter Sale is like none other for me coz it’s my last! There’ll be no more for me next time. Well, not really coz I still can flew all the way from far, far away land for the coming sales anyway.

So. What's happening that day? I tried to recall what truly happenned that day since I'm on the street about 12 hours non-stop. Going in and out of the stores searching for bargains. Yes, it's a tough job, yet I'm a tough cookie too. I think no one would have my stamina to match. Lol!

My day started at 7.20 am and I'm already in the NEXT store near the house in North London. No Tube, so have to walk all the way to the store. It may be just 20 minutes after it's opening, yet most stuffs are already gone in 60 seconds. Wth?!! Arrrggghh.... What's left are just like Primark. Not gonna buy that, am I? So, left empty handed.

After a quick breakfast at home and put the tele on, I saw this huge crowd on TV already lined up at Selfridges. Some even been there since 2 am in the morning. And almost 70% are Asians. My, guess those Asians has more buying power, huh?

Ooops, time's ticking. I'm at Selfridges 15 minutes late after the door opens. Massive queue is sttill there as if the scene from last Summer Sale repeated for itself. How should I get in? Do I have to queue too?

Suddenly the security shouted "This queue is for Gucci and Prada only, For anything else go to the side door". Oh, thank God someone answer my question without being asked. Took the door at the centre, and voila. I'm in. On my way to the menswear, I am not surprise to see the Vivienne Westwood and Marc Jacobs bags at women section are already gone. Then as I was about to take the escalator up, the Empire State of Mind song just finished playing. Oh, crap. When my fav song has just finished, it's a bad sign. What's gonna be the bad luck to me this time?

Made a beeline to the shoe section. Ooohh.. did I just see the Gucci petrol blue laced shoe and white patent Oxford with black trim by Dolce & Gabbana in my size? Gotta try that. Then I sat on the lounge chair to put 'em on. Hmm.. why suddenly I'm not feeling them? They don't click. Then I put back. What else Selfridges got? Scour, scour, scour. Nothing. Crap. Aussiebum undie. Sorry. Only for big ass people. CK undie. None either. Bags. Hmm... why there one left look so bad. Arrgghhh. I'm outta here!

Well, as far as the footwear is concerned, I said it before and I'll say it again. 4 S's. Selfridges shoe sale sucks!

Time's ticking. Oooh, almost 10 am. Gotta catch the Tube to Knightsbridge for Harrods. Oh, Amanda Holden already gone? Damn. Btw. Loads of people. And OMG!!!! Suddenly something on air gone “Ra ra ah ah ah… Roma roma ma..” OMG!! It’s Lady Gaga Bad Romance. Oh, this is definitely a good luck. Lady Gaga = Lady Luck? I said to myself 'come on Harrods. Give me something after previous two bad lucks. J'veux ton amour. Et je veux ton revenge. J'veux ton amour.... I need u to pay the revenge now" Ahaks!!

So I walk, walk fashion baby to the shoe section. Move, bitch. I got that Prada monk strap first! As if that's my action said when this lady try to grab the shoe for her husband. Then tried it on. Shit. It doesn't click with me again. Damn.

Then I looked around the size 43 and 44 sections. What should I try. Gucci lace-up? Ugghh, no more lace-ups please. Got too much of them. Then there's McQueen, another Prada, Lanvin, and aha... Gucci boots similar to the petrol one that I used to write about. But, man why I'm not feeling it?

After more than four frickin' times swirling and going the same round and round and round the shoe racks; as if the phoenix just risen from the ashes, suddenly these two shoes just emerged out of nowhere into my attention. OMG! I can't believe it!! And they're Gucci! Gotta try 'em. And they just click. They click, click, click. You know when something is right, then it is the ONE. Or, shall I say - they're two! Holla!

Next perfume section. Damn. I can't get in. People have to queue, and it's massive crowd out there! Last time in summer sale, you can go in without restriction. But this time the crowd are like mad and the security has to control it. Oh, well. I come the next day...

Then it's time to check other sections. On to Dior. Hmmm... is it me or the Dior sneakers on sale are just too bland? Last season is million miles better. Oh, the patent leather boots looks cool. But damn, too pricey.

Next to the basement. Gotta check the Burberry things. Eeeewww... is this what you call good trench coat? H&M did way better. And the bags. Doesn't really look that nice like in the pics. Hmmm... Ok. I'm totally outta here!

With two Gucci in hands, I walk out from the store. Satisfied with the purchase so far. Thank you Harrods. I'll be back tomorrow....

S
 

Most Reading